Monday, March 23, 2015

To a totally different field

I took brave step to get out of my comfort zone:
1. I already expert in my job in TM that everything was in my fingertip yet I tried new task in Finance that now I am having a very challenging time to understand.
2. I have everything in TM, own cubicle, assistant, staff, privelege to make own decision, be an advisors, and now I went back to become a learner, an ordinary staff, sharing cubicle with other people.
3. I travel lots in TM and now, I am not going out of the office at all.
4. I truly enjoy and appreciate my role in international submarine cable whereby I represented TMM, mingled around with foreigners and some of them become my friends. Now, I am no longer in international environment but good thing is I get to work in Chinese, indians in very layback enviroment.
5. I was so comfortable taking train to work last time and now, I have to drive again and beat the sleepyhead, not to mention traffic jam.
6. Office hour ended at 5:30 last time and i was the type who never not once stayed back in office. But now, I have to stay back until as late as 7:30..

I know change is not easy. I still figure out why i did this and there is no guarantee that there will  be promotion later. But, at the end of the day I know and i feel very certain that this is good for me.

No comments: