The turning point of my careear
I love the place very much, and I love the nature of job that is very callenging. But, now I feel that I dont have power there. I feel that I just fill in the blank spot to secure my superior's position. Okay, the history goes like this. Boss climbed up from technical supervisor to executive. He had four staffs who were basically had unique role each. So, previously every task was carried by those staffs and people liased with them directly. Boss did mostly management staff but boss also knew every little thing the staffs done. Boss demanded some executives to be put under him and the exec would lead the staffs. The reason being lots od additional work load. So, there we came 4 fresh brand new executives from ivy league alma mater and from far east where the sun rises education.
Each of us are assigned to diff system meaning one staff under us. Okay, this is what I want to say to my boss. Hope it is worthwhile.
Lately, Ive been receiving some reports produced by uncle on dot dot dot system. I must admit that I find it very intimidating. Because lots of times I dont know what uncle is doing and suddenly I received a report, sometimes I dont in fact, but he seems so packed up with stuff. So, boss.. correct me if I am wrong. The way I see it if uncle can do the task and produce his own report to all, I dont know where my position fits in then. Or I just needed to do the work that he doesnt have time to do , on the other hand the less important task.
I dont want to be at the far end only to read emails and report. I know that this place requires hard work and great learning ability. My opiinion is that I will only learn by doing some real job. I cant only watch and read. Boss must trust me to perform tasks and though I cant do in a nick of time for beginning, to me thats the only way it will work. And if boss has another opinion how I can learn, i need ur help and guidance very much.
So, I hope it is not too much for me to ask that starting from now, all sort of task regarding on dot dot dot system must go thru me. And I want to do the report. I promise that I will not blindly being there just for the sake that I am the boss and then, have uncle to do the work. I promise that I must know and do the task committedly by heart. I am ready to sacrifice my energy and time.
I am also suggesting that we can have casual informal meeting between boss and the execs to discuss any issue or action to be taken relating to our system. This way, we can update each of us about activity hppening in the work place and later, to be reported in our monthly report.
I love this place very much. This is my opionion in order to improve myself and to serve the company better. I always seek for boss's advice and guidance. Thanks a lot
So, seriously.. Hows that sound??
No comments:
Post a Comment