Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You are the first and it is so true

Actually, yesterday's evening, I got a chance to set my feet at True Fitness. Being said as the largest fitness centre in asia pacific, it offers all ur health, beauty and fitness needs. Whatever activity that u intend to do, u can find it in TF. Aahhh.. tetiba jek writer block and malas.

Gym tu besar, 3 tingkat... super duper spacious. Ada dua bahagia, True fitness and true Yoga. Yoga center pun besar sama 3 tingkat, ada 23 kelas yoga setiap hari yang terdiri dari bermacam-macam jenis yoga. Ada ntah beratus-ratus machine fitness yang state of the art. Changing room yang besar, sauna yang besar, steam room yang besar... aaahhhh sumenya besar dan canggih. Ada private work-out room untuk ladies. Relax area yang super cool with warm lighting, red cushion and blink-blink decoration, music is blasting out that can be heard from the neighborhood outside. U get free knapsack, bath towel and face towel and also tumbler during joining. U can go to Les Mills Classes, dance classes (belly dancing, hip hop etc) anytime u like as the classes are offered like so many times. All the machines have their own TV set, and its touch-screen, so u won't get bored and can play around with the touch screen. The classroom is big that u don't have to book earlier or berebut with other people. Oh ya, a nursery for ur kids too. A cafe, a spa center and lots more.

But, despite all these, guess what.. I don't find TF attractive at all. With its huge size and all over the top stuff, I think it is overrated. I don't want to spend so many hours at the gym. I don't want to work out and find the other person next to me is 10m away because of its huge size. I don't want to have to go up and down to change class/machine since it is 3-floors. I don't want to relax in a disco-like ligthing room. Whilst Fitness First (FF) offers an ambient and cozy environment, white lighting, the volume of music is moderate, takdela kuat sangat, juz a simple decoration.. I rather be in FF. I don't need a different type of yoga since usually I am able to do yoga only once a week. Dengan machine yang banyak sangat tu, ia akan buat kita bertukar-tukar machine instead of focus satu machine jek. Memangla kelebihan FF cuma suratkhabar/magazines/CD and free-flow of drinks (soft & hot & coke!). Tapi, itu yang aku perlukan, bukannya sofa lembut. Aku taknak tgk touch-screen tv yang boleh melalaikan (kan ke kita kena tengok tv dalam jarak 2m, bukannya right in front of our eyes). Dan lagi satu, staff TF tak semesra staff FF. Kat FF, even janitor pun mesra and boleh berborak. Tapi kat TF, janitor tak berani angkat muka, receptionist harap seksi pakai jeans low cut and undersize jek, tapi tak senyum. Aku lebih suka Geetha FF yang walaupun agak berisi tapi tak penah lupa greet aku. TF pilih kaler merah, FF pilih biru, obviously biru is a fitness kaler and i likeee blue. Merah kan agak menyakitkan mata. Apatahlagi dinding TF dibuat ngan kaca yang semua orang boleh nampak kita work-out. Well, okay mmg kita nak work out sambil pandang keluar, tapi setakat paras mata okaylaa.. takdelah sampai orang luar boleh nampak kita atas bawah.

sosializing? hm.. don't think so, kalau dah tempat spacious sangat. Meja pun boleh duduk sorang-sorang, tak dpt la kenal org sangat. Mcm kat FF, kadang-kadang, tak cukup meja, tumpang meja orang and the conversation started. Ataupun masa berebut nak masuk kelas tu pun boleh kenal orang.

Ada banyak lagi yang aku boleh komen pasal TF. Obviously, it is juz being overrated and not as good as I tot. It was founded by Singaporean richman's son. Of courselah,mesti kiasu punya.

In conclusion, aku rasa TF sesuai utk orang nak cari all under one roof, spa, yoga, tempat utk spend 3/4 jam. But, not for me.. I am stick to FF (though this is my last month as a member, and really looking forward to join FF again someday soon).

No comments: